|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Olly Nixon||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Senior Commercial Officer
Senior Commercial Officer needed for a defence organisation based in Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Commercial Officer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of Commercial and Contract support.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree - i.e. Law, Business etc. and have a keen interest in operations. If you have defence experience that would be a plus!
- 25 day's holidays
- Annual bonus
- Life Cover
- Income Protection
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Commercial Officer will include:
- Support to new business through provision of sound contract and commercial advice to support bids, quotations and negotiation of contracts & agreements, within area of responsibility
- Support to bid teams with respect to pricing and strategy
- Maximising margins and ensuring the company's position is protected in terms of legalities and liabilities
- Identification of commercial risks and mitigations
- Support of contract review, acceptance & order acknowledgement process
- Contract administration & Point of Contact for customer commercial enquiries
- Support the creation of flow down terms & conditions for Operations & Supplier Management
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Commercial Officer:
- Degree or equivalent experience in law/business.
- Experience in applying the broad principles of contract law to proposals & negotiations, contract changes, disputes and contract management.
- Experience of assessing the impact of complex commercial issues on the business and presenting a considered view on strategy for negotiation and resolution
- Experience of international contracting and the management of foreign-based customers and contracts
- Experience in an International defence contracting environment involving UK MoD & US DoD conditions.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Commercial Officer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.