|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alex Spraggett||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Senior Commercial Officer
A Senior Commercial Officer needed for a leading aerospace and defence company, who are based in Dorset. My client is known as the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, they help their customers increase the safety and mission capabilities for extreme environments.
They are looking to employ a candidate who is comfortable reporting to the Commercial and Contracts Managers, supporting the Commercial Team in both proposal preparation and contract management working closely with other business functions including Business Development, Customer Support and technical business functions. Ideally, the candidate will have broad contract law knowledge. And, experience of managing and advising on commercial and business risk.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Commercial Officer will include:
- Supporting or leading bid preparation activities and ensuring proposals are submitted on time.
- Acting as prime commercial contact with customers / potential customers and maintaining positive customer relations.
- Organising and leading internal governance reviews to submit customer proposals for Bid Approval Committee review.
- The preparation of all commercial aspects of complex proposals.
- The negotiation of contracts and agreements including complex terms and conditions of sale.
- Providing commercial support to other functions within the organisation.
- Maximising margins and ensuring the company's position is protected in terms of legalities and liabilities
What you need to be the successful Senior Commercial Officer:
In order to be the successful Senior Commercial Officer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree or equivalent experience in law/business
- Broad contract law knowledge
- Experience of managing and advising on commercial and business risk
- Combines experience, intuition and strategic thinking to make considered judgements about the overall impact on the business and people, including potential threats
- International commercial awareness highly desirable
- Role is open to any industry sector but UK MoD & US DoD contracts knowledge would be an advantage
Benefits on offer:
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised restaurant (including a Costa coffee)
- On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including
- a matched pension contribution of up to 12%, private medical and dental insurance,
- Holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
- Share incentive schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted Sports and Social Club membership
- A wide range of internal and external training opportunities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Commercial Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Senior Commercial Officer role, you need to be eligible for security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.