|Location: London||Salary: £70000 - £1000000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Senior Data Engineer
I am recruiting in London for a Senior Data Engineer for a global consultancy who specialise in all things data and AI who provide cutting edge data solutions in the cloud, as well as beeing a GCP (Google Cloud Partner)
As a Senior Data Engineer you will be well versed with strong programming and architectural experience, ideally in Python and/Scala or Java, and SQL, along with 3 years plus of experience building (big) data solutions.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will be working alongside experts in machine learning, data science, software programming, mathematics and desgin.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will have a passion for data & analysis, operate at the cutting edge, and believe in a pragmatic approach to solving hard problems.
Senior Data Engineer Benefits:
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Learning & Development
- Flexible Working
Senior Data Engineer Responsibilities:
- As a Data Engineer you will work with colleagues on the data engineering and architecture part of various consulting projects.
- Building robust pipelines and wrangling data in a way that it becomes easy to visualise and ready to be fed into machine learning models.
- Helping to build out the data engineering side of next-generation machine learning products.
- Work with the most innovative and most scalable data processing technologies
- Build innovative state-of-the-art solutions with customers
- Work closely with tech partners: Google Cloud Platform, Tableau, Looker
- Work in an agile and dynamic environment together with a small team with of data scientists, machine learning experts, data analysts and data engineers
Senior Data Engineer Requirments:
- Strong programming and architectural experience, ideally in Python and/ Scala or Java, and SQL
- 3+ years of experience building (big) data solutions
- Extremely passionate about data and analytics
- Experience with ETL tools, Hadoop-based technologies (e.g. Spark) and/or data pipelines (e.g. Beam, Flink)
- Experience building scalable and high-performant code
- Experience in producing tested, resilient and well documented applications
- The ability to take ownership, end-to-end and finding creative solutions
- Experience in architecting, building, maintaining and troubleshooting cloud infrastructure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills; a team player and keen learner who loves building great things together
- Working experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be beneficial but not essential
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Senior Data Engineer Bonus Points:
- Love for the command line with optional affinity for Linux scripting
- Experience building scalable REST APIs using Python or similar technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Basic knowledge of and ideally some experience with data science topics like machine learning, data mining, statistics, and visualisation
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.