|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Senior Digital Design Engineer
Portsmouth + Hybrid Working
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Key Skills: Design, Electronics, PCB, PLD, Electrical Engineering, EMC, Digital, Verification, Integration
Senior Digital Design Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in the Portsmouth area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Digital Design Engineer that takes pride in their work.
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
The successful Senior Digital Design Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. You will be responsible for designing verification using a combination of simulation, analysis, and test techniques including support to EMC test houses and customer installations generating design documentation and technical reports.
This role will provide you with opportunity to be part of multi-layered electronic systems development for use in a defence environment and develop your career.
What the role of the Senior Digital Design Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Digital Design Engineer will include:
- Being responsible for detailed digital circuit design including component selection, evaluation, simulation, schematic capture, and preparing guidance for PCB design teams
- Design verification using a combination of simulation, analysis, and test techniques including support to EMC test houses and customer installations
- Generating design documentation and technical reports
- Interfacing with related disciplines including EMC, systems engineering, mechanical/thermal engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, Safety, Product Data Management, and manufacturing areas
- Ensuring adherence to Engineering Lifecycle and contributing to progress, peer, and design reviews
- Assisting in the development of higher-level system designs and the development of technical requirement specifications
- Supporting system integration activities
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Digital Design Engineer:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or strongly related subject
- Experience of generating component level PCB (Printed Circuit Board) designs for introduction into volume production.
- Experience of board-level digital design including processor interfacing, memory devices, PLD (Programmable Logic Device) interfacing etc
- Experience of design, proving, integration, and defect resolution
- Experience of gathering of evidence to support acceptance, fitness for purpose, legislative requirements, and safety
- Ability to estimate and work within cost and timescale constraints
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Digital Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.