|Location: Bristol||Salary: £45000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Defence, Power & Utilities, Nuclear, Engineering, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Electrical Engineers (x2)
Bristol and Glasgow based opportunities.
£45,000 - £65,000 + Extensive Benefits Package and flexible working.
Please note these positions can be located in either Glasgow or Bristol
We are recruiting Electrical Engineers for an engineering technology consultancy that helps companies deliver innovative engineering to make lives safe, secure, sustainable and affordable. People join this company because they want to make an impact on the world and to learn from some of the best engineers in their industries.
Electrical Engineers working here get a unique opportunity to work on a very broad range of electrical projects in defence, energy and industry sectors.
This is not your typical Electrical Engineer post where you do largely the same things over and over again !
The clients you will work with are typically in highly regulated and safety critical industries, you can be involved in delivering the highest profile engineering challenges in the UK. As an example they are currently working on the UK's Nuclear New Build projects and also nuclear plant life extensions to our existing power stations, defence facility upgrades, renewable energy and storage schemes; as well as marine power system development, asset management and process plant design projects and have an appetite to grow each of these service capabilities.
Electrical Engineers working here get to support these challenging activities across the whole project lifecycle, from requirements capture, FEED to qualification and commissioning, also providing robust independent technical assessment of proposed designs in support of clients and Regulators.
Electrical Engineers undertake a range of projects across all sectors from civil nuclear sites and defence facilities to renewable energy and storage systems. The projects vary from small scoping and feasibility studies for modifications or upgrades to the design of complex process plants including nuclear power stations and COMAH sites.
The work often has a safety critical element and interfaces with other technical teams to deliver a multi-disciplined service offering, managing these interfaces and effective communication internally and to clients is part of this role.
Summary of experience required:
- Delivery of innovative projects in the electrical transmission and distribution sector, taking new systems and technologies from concept through to delivery.
- High voltage AC and DC electrical power and distribution system design, including power system / grid connection studies.
- Experience working at 33kv.
- Managing the production, verification and approval of: electrical reports, specifications, and detailed design drawings.
- Specialist equipment support: generators, transformers, switchgear, cables.
- Managing a project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget.
- Client facing to develop requirements and negotiating contracts / agreements, and progress reporting and risk management.
- Mentoring and development of other less experienced Electrical Engineers.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following requirements:
- Proven HV (33kv) Electrical Engineering experience in a relevant industry
- MSc in Electrical Engineering (Or equivalent experience)
- CEng or on way to achieving chartership
- Held role of Technical lead on projects
- Current knowledge and experience in the electrical discipline in particular relation to the following:
- Electrical Design (FEED and Design Specification)
- Verification of design/substantiation deliverables
- Transmission and Distribution
- Industrial and Energy
- Private Wire Networks / Micro Grids
- Experience with ISO 9001.
Nice to have's (non-essential):
- DNO / National Grid
- Private Wire Networks / Micro Grids
- Marine Power System Design
- Power Electronics
- Earthing Schemes
- Power Systems Asset Management ISO 55001 Certified
- Power System Modelling (Digsilent, ETAP, Amtech, SimPowerSystems)
- Interfacing with Regulators (ONR, Ofgem, ORR, etc)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.