|Location: Edinburgh||Salary: £36000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Construction, Highways & Highways Electricals, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Beth Currid|
Senior Highways Engineer
£36,000 - £45,000
Senior Highways Engineer needed to join an award-winning and multi-disciplinary design and engineering organization, who provide expert and sustainable services for local authority and private sector clients, to come on board and join the team in London. As a Senior Highways Engineer, you will provide support within the Highways Team in the management and delivery of the service to our clients.
It's desirable for the successful candidate to hold the relevant degree in Civil Engineering, or another relevant discipline, and hold an in-depth understanding of Highways Design and Design Standards.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Highways Engineer will include:
- Proven ability to be able to produce highways 3D Engineering designs from 2D layouts including existing and proposed models, cross section, long section and contours.
- Design and documentation of civil infrastructure components of the projects including Highway Design (S38/S278) and Drainage Design (strategic and detailed).
- Conduct any liaison or consultation with statutory authorities or undertakers as necessary to implement the construction of the project.
- Production and checking of drawings (AutoCAD).
- Lead the engineering input at all stages of a project from conceptual design, through the project cycle to site monitoring.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Highways Engineer:
- Accredited degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of developing feasibility, and preliminary design to traffic/local roads problems which include Alignment, Drainage, Pavement, Road Restraint System, Road Signs & Markings.
- Experience in the development and detailed design of highway maintenance and improvement scheme designs in accordance with the DMRB using AutoCAD and Civils 3D.
- Demonstrate understanding of Health and Safety including CDM responsibilities.
- Good project management skills and financial management.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Highways Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.