|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Human Factors Engineer
Bristol, £45,000 - £60,000
We are looking for a Human Factors Consultant with commercial working experience who is able to demonstrate success working in a HumanFfactors-related consultancy. We are looking for a consultant to help support the existing workload and in time assist in growing the Human Factors team.
Based out of Bristol, UK, the work is varied and includes providing solutions in safety culture, physical ergonomics, usability, human factors engineering, and training services to clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- To perform human factors technical assessments and provide specialist advice to clients according to agreed scope, budget and contract within consultancy projects.
- To produce, discuss and present deliverables with the internal / external client at a senior level and be able to suggest alternative solutions where appropriate.
- Client liaison and management - to diagnose clients' needs, offering tailored technical solutions and adding value. Ensuring proposals are budgeted and resourced, noting any commercial aspects of the contract, with no compromise on safety or quality.
- To undertake project management where applicable including monitoring project progress and spend against budget and contract requirements.
- To mentor / coach other technical employees to achieve effective technical knowledge transfer and application and to review other employees' work as requested.
- Support in the development and maintenance of human factors-related marketing materials.
- To pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline knowledge and awareness.
You will have:
- Practical work experience in a human factors-related discipline;; ideally in at least one or more of the following areas: Safety Culture/Climate, Organisational Psychology, Ergonomics, Human Factors Integration. Experience in, Training and Competency Assurance is also desirable.
- A degree or equivalent within a human factors related discipline (e.g. Ergonomics, Psychology, Organisational Culture, Ergonomics).
- Experience of the Maritime industry, although applicants with experience of an alternative high hazard industry will also be considered.
- Great organisational skills and be prepared to work autonomously and as part of the human factors team, as well working within wider multi-disciplinary teams and occasionally within our clients' own teams.
- The ability to travel regularly to meet the requirements of our clients.
- An eye for developing new opportunities and building relationships with clients.
- Eligibility for UK SC Clearance.
- Accreditation to The British Psychological Society or the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors Society or relevant equivalence is desirable.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in consulting and should be able to demonstrate excellent technical skills, good client-facing and project management skills.
If you are someone who welcomes variety in your work and relishes the opportunity to take on new challenges, work hard and have a desire to keep learning and growing throughout your career then this role would be perfect for you.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.