|Location: Seascale||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Nuclear, Human Factors||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 8 days ago|
Senior Human Factors Engineer - Nuclear sector.
Cumbria or Warrington based.
£55,000 - £65,000 + Benefits.
We have a great new opportunity for experienced Human Factors Engineers /Consultants with a company working in the Nuclear Power sector. In this position you will provide technical leadership and also deliver on technical projects in the Human Factors areas of Safety and Security. While enhacing your own technical skills you will also support other team members skills and capabilities, growing the Human Factors presence together.
- Provide expert level knowledge of Human Factors Engineering including being up to date with developments in methodology and approach.
- Leading technical delivery of projects in the Human Factors area to time, cost, quality, value and service requirements, including:
- supervision of other staff and consultants.
- management of relationships with lots of colleagues from different technical groups.
- provide advice, training and independent inspection.
- Leading Human Factors support to multi-disciplinary teams addressing technical safety challenges.
- Managing the relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading the identification and development of new opportunities for the team, including technical support to bids.
- Use initiative to develop new capabilities through innovative approaches and providing insight. Technical lead on complex projects.
- Maintain technical awareness of both internal and external competitors' capabilities within the broader Human Factors safety area.
- Developing team SQEP skills for Human Factors, e.g., mentoring and supervision. Design and deliver specialist Human Factors training.
- Degree qualified or equivalent level of demonstrable technical capability.
- SQEP 3 with proven experience in Human Factors.
- Excellent level of knowledge in the specialised field of Human Factors. Detailed knowledge of advanced techniques.
- Proven ability to act independently, under own initiative, while supervising other members of the team
- Strong communication skills, including multi-site working.
- Excellent teamworking skills, with ability to inspire the work of a team
- Experienced in mentoring and developing technical skills.
Excellent networking skills, maintaining network across the Human Factors field nationally.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.