|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £1 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Technology, Defence, Electronics, Design||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Dominic Martin|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to take their career to the next level with one of the world's leading and fastest growing defence and electronics companies based in High Wycombe! Their recognised in the industry through their ground breaking technology for military applications; electro-optic systems, weapon interfacing electronics and naval combat management systems!
As the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you'll be responsible for providing mechanical engineering design expertise to deliver detailed mechanical design solutions and Drawing Office activities on Military & Naval equipment (working with new products or enhancements to existing products) to the agreed technical requirements, timescales and budget.
On offer to you:
* Permanent opportunity with growing organisation, progressive in delivering ground breaking systems to Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force customers!
* An above market salary with a list of benefits available! (I will discuss the salary with you after you confirm your interest in the position, it is a great package)!
* Early finishes on a Friday!
The key responsibilities and tasks for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer includes:
* Production of project drawing packs in line with configuration management processes
* Producing and reviewing Mechanical Designs and Drawings
* Maintaining the configuration of production drawing packs
* Providing a technical lead role on selected projects.
* Providing support for stress and thermal analysis activities
* Employing continuous improvement principles to improve efficiency
* Supporting the Project SDA as required
* Liaising with customers and suppliers as required
* Collaboration with the other Engineering functions to ensure smooth engineering transition within projects.
Management responsibilities for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer:
This role does not entail any direct supervision responsibilities. However on occasions this role may include technical leadership responsibilities within a team environment.
Essential Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills required for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Position:
* +8 years' experience using 3D CAD modelling tool(s) including 2D technical drawings (desirable use of Autodesk Inventor & Autodesk AutoCAD) in accordance with BS 8888
* Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis Tools
* Relevant degree or HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Design or relevant industry experience will also be considered
* Ability to select Mechanical components in line with technical requirements, i.e. gears, bearings and pumps).
* Desirable experience carrying out stress and thermal calculations/FE analysis on static and dynamics structures.
Please remember, you must be eligible for SC security clearance when applying for this opportunity.
How to apply:
To discuss your application and enquire about interviewing for this position please apply for the role online and Dominic Martin at Gold Group Ltd will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the next steps of your application.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.