|Location: Luxembourg||Salary: €70000 - €85000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer sought by my client in Luxembourg who are developing technologies to enable commercial activity in Earth's orbit, on other planets, and beyond. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the design of space-rated robotic arms end effectors, from the early stages of design right through to testing and final implementation.
The successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be experienced in developing precise mechanisms for space applications, such as joints, coupling devices, SADMs, APMs, HDRMs, scientific instruments for space exploration missions. You will be comfortable performing thermal, vibrational, and stress analysis as well as performing assembly and validation of mechanisms
***Visa sponsorship and relocation assistance is available if required***
Responsibilities of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Designing mechanisms and structures for robotic arm end effectors while balancing cost, schedule, and technical requirements
- Collaborating with electrical and robotics engineers to package complex electromechanical systems
- Optimising mechanical design of end effectors and leading analysis to improve performance and reliability
- Creating 2D manufacturing and technical assembly drawings, as well as project-level documentation
- Specifying, selecting, and acquiring necessary components
- Performing fast-prototypes for quick validation of design
- Holding design reviews with teammates to ensure that designs are manufacturable, easy to assemble and fully functional
- Willing to teach and mentor junior engineers to improve overall team performance
The requirements of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer are:
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or materials engineering (or a related field)
- 3-5 years of experience of working intensively on space mechanisms
- Demonstrated CAD skills (through portfolio and/or 3D modelling evaluations)
- Software Expertise: Inventor, SolidWorks, Ansys, Matlab
- Fluency in English
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to broaden their horizons and work on some truly fascinating projects that will help shape the future of space exploration. Please get in touch with me now to register our interest of hit the apply button without delay.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.