|Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire, England||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + + Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Senior Nuclear Safety Consultant.
Basingstoke (with flexibility for home working).
£60,000 - £70,000 + Excellent Benefits Package.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Nuclear Safety Consultant to join one of the UK's leading consultancies in Safety Engineering. This role is centered around the UK Nuclear industry and will include both civil and military projects, as such we will need applicants to be eligible for UK SC Clearance (UK Passport Holders).
You will be joining a team of Nuclear Safety Consultants and taking a senior role within the team that allows you to mentor others and be a focal point of contact for clients.
In this role you will be responsible for leadership of safety based projects aimed at providing through-life technical assurance support to clients.
To support these responsibilities, we are looking for an individual with:
- Considerable proven experience in the UK defence nuclear safety domain including:
- Safety Legislation, Regulation and Policy
- Derivation of Safety Functional Requirements
- Hazard Identification / Hazard Analysis / Fault Sequence Assessment
- Deterministic and /or Probabilistic Safety Assessment
- Engineering Design Substantiation
- Peer Review (Acceptance Review Team experience)
- Safety Case / Safety Basis development and authoring
- Nuclear safety management and its application throughout the plant lifecycle; including design, operation, and decommissioning
- Nuclear safety documentation required as part of the Site Licence & Authorisation Conditions
- The ability to build relationships both externally with our clients and internally with our delivery teams and support functions
Other elements of the role:
- Develop technical solutions in response to client problems and requirements.
- Act as a Technical Lead responsible for coherent delivery of programmes to clients.
- Support business development activities through stakeholder engagement and managing key client relationships.
- Lead or provide technical input to proposals/bid.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.