|Salary: £60000 - £75000 per annum + + car allowance & package
|Sector: Planning and Project Controls, Planning, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure
|Contact: Matt Lilburn
Title: Senior Planning Engineer
Location: Bristol (Hybrid)
Salary: £65-75,000 + car allowance + travel + package
A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Planning Engineer to join the specialist Rail Division of a leading £2bn turnover main contracting business based in Bristol.
The Senior Planning Engineer will play a key role within the team. They will work closely with the senior management team and will be responsible for planning project throughout their full life-cycle, from tender stage through to completion.
The Senior Planning Engineer will be responsible for working with the pre-construction team and producing competitive tender programmes and providing support to live projects when required. Projects include a range of schemes in the rail sector that include station new builds & refurbishments, track installation, light rail projects and upgrades to existing rail facilities.
- To report back to the Regional Planner the current programme position on all projects they are working on a weekly / monthly basis.
- To regular review programmes, outputs and phasing with the Regional Planner.
- To lead and coordinate with others in the duties under planning and programme management in the preconstruction process.
- To lead and coordinate with others in the duties under planning and programme management on site.
- Input to the assessment of the programme and entitlements under the contract - coordinate outputs with the management team.
- Lead input to the programme reporting weekly and monthly as required.
- To report the programme position at the monthly contract review meeting.
- Check the quality of the production of planning and programme documents generally under their control. Including the site teams and assistant planners.
- Prove programme periods by means of sub-contractor liaison, benchmarking from previous or similar projects and project team consultation.
The Senior Planning Engineer will need to be able to demonstrate previous rail sector experience which has preferably been gained within a main contracting environment. The Senior Planning Engineer will be a strong user of Primavera P6, have a good working knowledge of NEC contracts and ideally been involved on projects at tender and contract stages.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a dynamic business offering a great working environment, no limits on career progression, the support of an experienced and approachable team and a competitive starting salary & package.
- Starting salary of between £60-75,000 per annum
- Annual car allowance of £6,000
- Pension, Healthcare, Life assurance, Private medical
- Flexible hybrid working week
- Travel expenses
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible benefits scheme and other great benefits
If you are looking for a new career challenge within planning and you would like to be considered for the above opportunity then please apply by sending your CV or call Matt Lilburn on 01342 330 533 for further information quoting reference 65738.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.