|Location: Southampton||Salary: £55000 - £68000 per annum + car & package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
£55,000 to £68,000 + car/travel & package
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading main contractor delivering a £200m infrastructure project on the South Coast. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be site based and working on an exciting project that includes the construction of a major haul road, temporary bridges, drainage, foundations and a number of structures over a 2 year programme. The opportunity would be well suited to a QS looking for a step up in their career or a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for an opportunity to quickly progress their career whilst working on an exciting project.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be working closely with an AQS and QS, supporting them with the development of their careers and overseeing the delivery of key parts of the project. Some of the Senior Quantity Surveyors key duties will include:
- Providing commercial support to the tendering process
- Overseeing the procurement process, ensuring products and services are secured in an efficient manner and in accordance with company policy
- Processing applications for payment and maximising the projects cash flow situation
- Taking responsibility for the overall cash control of the project
- Identify and mitigate commercial risks
- Manage the and Change that is identified on the project
Senior Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have previously worked for a main contractor and gained experience on large civil engineering or infrastructure projects. You'll need a strong understanding of the NEC contract, excellent communication skills and be driven and willing to develop your own career.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor can expect a rewarding career that includes exposure to a large, complex infrastructure project for an international client. You'll be given a structured career path with clear goals to progress to the next level. You'll also be offered a generous salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £55,000 to £68,000
- Company car or Travel Allowance (£5,000)
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Private healthcare
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
- Discretionary bonus
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, get in touch with Matt Clegg today on 01342 330 539.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.