|Location: Reading||Salary: £50000 - £66000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matthew Clegg|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and motivated Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading utilities contractor delivering a large-scale water framework from their offices Swindon. Our client is a renowned infrastructure & utilities contractor with a reputation for delivering high-quality infrastructure projects across the water, power, highways and telecoms sectors. They specialise in the development, maintenance and improvement of essential infrastructure systems with a strong commitment to innovation, sustainability and client satisfaction.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will take on a leadership role, providing guidance in all aspects of cost control, contract management and financial oversight. Working closely with the project teams and senior management, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate budgeting, cost estimation and effective contract administration throughout the project. Your experience will be crucial in managing risks, maximising value and delivering the project within the budgetary constraints. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with project teams to develop robust cost management strategies, including accurate cost estimating, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Provide expert advice on contractual matters, including the evaluation of bids, negotiation of contracts, and resolution of disputes.
- Conduct thorough risk assessments and develop mitigation strategies to minimize financial and contractual risks.
- Monitor and manage variations, claims, and change orders, ensuring accurate reporting and compliance with contractual obligations.
- Implement and maintain effective systems for accurate cost tracking, invoicing, and payment processes.
- Foster strong relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, and other stakeholders, ensuring effective collaboration and timely resolution of financial issues.
- Review and analyze project progress reports, cost reports, and financial data, providing insightful recommendations to senior management.
- Mentor and support junior quantity surveyors, fostering their professional growth and development.
- A Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying or related subject
- A minimum of 6 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor within the water or similar infrastructure sectors
- Familiarity with the NEC Contract
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
The successful candidate can expect a rewarding and exciting career with continued opportunities for personal development, no limits on career progression with access to a structured career path with clear set goals and targets. My client also offers hybrid working (3 days on site / 2 days remote) and the option to be based from either Reading or Swindon. You'll also be offered a generous salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £50,000 to £66,000
- £4,800 travel allowance or a company car
- Contributory pension, matched 4%, rising to 7% after 12 months
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
To register your interest in this fantastic opportunity, get in touch with Matt Clegg at Gold Group today on 01342 330 539.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.