|Location: Exeter||Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction, Highways & Highways Electricals, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 15 days ago|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading main contractor delivering a highways framework in the South West. Based from our clients offices in Exeter, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be working closely with the CM and an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, overseeing a portfolio of projects covering emergency response, reactive maintenance, resurfacing, refurbishment of bridges and foot tunnels and the construction of other small structures.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for:
- Supporting the tendering process, preparing subcontract enquiry documents, tender analysis and providing suggestions for the project team
- Subcontractor management. This will include the drafting of subcontracts, assessment of the application for payments, managing change and more.
- Maintain cost control throughout the full life of the contract by taking proactive measures to maintain the balance between value and costs
- Liaise with the supply chain and the wider project team, developing and maintaining a good working relationship, resolving issues at project team level where required
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor can expect a rewarding career that includes a structured path with clear set goals to progress to Managing Surveyor within 24 months. You'll also be joining an established, well regarded contractor on a secured framework that promises job security, the support of a friendly and driven team and a generous salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £50,000 to £65,000
- Company car
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Private healthcare
- Continued Professional Development
- Annual pay review
- Life Assurance
Senior Quantity Surveyors applying for this position will need to have previously worked for a main contractor or subcontractor and used the NEC suite of contracts. You'll need excellent communication skills, be driven and keen to progress your career and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You'll also need to live within a reasonable commute of their office in Exeter.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor looking for that next step up in their career or a Senior Quantity Surveyor feeling under valued in their current role. To register your interest in this position, get in touch with Matt Clegg at Gold Group today.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.