|Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum
|Sector: Client Delivery, Construction, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure
|Contact: Olly Nixon
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Heathrow, London
Our client is a leading construction and infrastructure firm with a proven track record of delivering high-quality projects across various sectors. With a commitment to excellence and innovation, they are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team based in Heathrow.
The role will include working on a variety of civil engineering and Airport infrastructure contracts, heading up a team, tendering and pre-contract, internal reporting, and client interfacing. This is a key position for the business and pivotal to both our regional business expansion plans and senior management team posts.
Duties will include:
- Leading the commercial function across a wide variety of projects, both within existing frameworks and stand-alone projects, to ensure successful project delivery
- Acting as a focal point for all commercial activities across a series of projects, ensuring contract commercial deliverables and timescales are met and delivered within the companies' values
- Assisting in the review of contractual documentation at tender stage
- Undertake the commercial function on strategic projects, from pre-contract, through to final account, including sub-contract management, forecasting, valuation management and cashflow
- Assess, review, and mitigate commercial and contractual risks during project delivery
- Checking and authorising Subcontract Orders and Payments
- Preparing, analysing, and reporting Monthly Cost Value Reports
- Assisting and providing commercial/contractual guidance during production of cost significant variations
- Pro-active dispute avoidance and management
- Ongoing management of cash collection and WIP
- Coaching and mentoring
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience in a similar role, be well organised with good presentation skills and can communicate professionally at all levels.
- Degree Qualified in either Quantity Surveying or Construction Management (or equivalent)
- Successfully held a senior role within a commercial team of previously
- A real eye for the finer details
- IT literate and proficient in MS Office
- Able to lead by example
- Previous experience with the NEC form of contract is desired
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Company Car or generous car allowance
- Flexible benefits package
- Clear career path
- Support in your continued training & development
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.