|Location: Chelmsford, Essex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Competitive Salary and Benefits package.
- Providing credible advice and guidance to project teams and the MOD on Product Safety, COSHH and other occupational safety issues.
- Ensuring that safety considerations are an integral part of the design process and take cognisance of the whole product lifecycle
- Preparing, maintaining and managing the implementation of project Safety Management Systems, evolving them where necessary to ensure that product safety can be managed in a cost-effective manner
- Cultivating the safety argument for all products and services delivered by the project, employing all required facets of the product safety lifecycle in accordance with BAE Systems Product Safety Policy
- Ensuring that the standards of Product Safety defined by statutory, business and customer requirements are observed in the design of the product(s) produced by,or resulting from the project (e.g. DSA02-DMR, Def Stan 00-056)
Skills and qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience within engineering
- Safety Engineering experience
- Knowledge of relevant safety legislation and standards
- Air Safety Management Training (ASMT) or Ship Safety and Environmental Management Training (SEMT) or their predecessors SSMT/SSMO
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.