|Location: Buckinghamshire||Salary: + Car Allowance|
|Sector: Power & Utilities, Construction, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Job Title: Senior Site Engineer - Earthworks & Drainage
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £DOE + Car allowance
Key Skills: Site Engineer, Drainage, Earthworks, Civils, Rail, Surveying, Setting Out, CSCS, Team Leader, Mentor
About the Senior Engineer Position:
We are looking for two proactive and technically minded Senior Engineers to provide the project with accurate, informed interpretation of the specified project technical requirements. You will be adept at managing and mentoring junior engineers and able to assists Construction / Site Manager in all aspects of construction.
Key Duties for Senior Engineers:
- Manage engineer allocation across framework projects.
- Supervise assistant and site engineers
- Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
- Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques, as well as routine checks on setting out to ensure compliance and within the required tolerances.
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
- Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
- Communicate with site manager, foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process, ensuring ordered to the correct required specifications.
- Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works, including Work Package Plans.
- Assist with the coordination of temporary works and ensure appointments of Temporary Works Supervisors and Temporary Works Coordinator are in place.
- Implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans are, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
Must haves for the Senior Engineer Role:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Significant heavy civils experience ideally in earthworks and drainage
- Highly competent in surveying and setting out techniques and able to teach others.
- Experience managing and mentoring junior engineers
- Excellent knowledge of current civil engineering legislation as well as Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- CSCS Card (relevant type)
- Track Induction (desirable)
- Full clean UK driving license
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as Senior Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.