|Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Harriet Houlton||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer needed for a organisation based in Basingstoke who are looking to employ an experienced .Net Developer. This role will be see you working on digital projects developing a low code platform portal for insurance brokers. You will be responsible for working on technical design and implementing services in BizTalk 2016. The senior software engineer is a key member of the Agile team and works with Technical Product Owner and/or Principal Software Engineer to ensure the delivery of the agile team meets agreed upon architecture standards. They will be deep application and technology skillset subject matter experts.
The successful Senior Software Developerwill want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £50k
- 27 day's holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working - Option to work from home 2 days a week
- Two days paid volunteering working alongside a variety of community partners
- Restaurant facilities on site
- Life insurance
- Performance-based incentive bonus
- Stakeholder pension scheme
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Software Developer will include:
- Leads the conceptualisation, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area
- Provides technical leadership and direction for EPIC features delivered
- Design, codes, configures, unit tests, maintains, and documents software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools.
- Ensures that solutions delivered by self or team members are secure and scalable, comply with defined standards and best practices .
- Provides ongoing and appropriate mentorship for Software Engineers and Associate Software Engineers
- Responsible for application solution quality from design and implementation to deploy and run. Participates in definition and maintenance of software standards
- Communicates daily with the Scrum Master or Technical Product Owner and the Agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day and reports any impediments that are blocking their progress
- Participates in code reviews and sprint retrospectives; ensuring their ideas for team continuous improvement are communicated so that the overall process and team can improve sprint by sprint and readily receives feedback for self-improvement
What you need to be the successful Senior Software Developer:
In order to be the successful Senior Software Developer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
- Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organisation.
- Strong experience of test driven development (TDD) and unit testing, leveraging automation toolsets
- Strong experience in continuous integration
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
- Experience with Biztalk.
This is a great opportunity to work for a UK subsidiary of a global organisation, this company look after their employees, offers a great work-life balance, generous benefits, a professional challenge and fantastic career opportunities.