|Location: Crawley||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Software Development Engineer in Test
Software Development Engineer in Test needed for a multinational Medical Device organisation based in Crawley. The successful applicant will have an in-depth knowledge of full stack development using Java, .NET and #C and previous experience in both verification using manual and automation methods.
This is an interesting role for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to join a leading medical device organisation. The role includes an excellent benefits package as well as the opportunity to work in modern office environment.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software Development Engineer in Test will include:
The position involves a mix of manual and automated testing, towards increasing automation under a micro service-based architecture environment. The role requires getting hands on to diagnose, design and develop great solutions, becoming part of a great team doing a great thing.
What experience you need to be the successful Software Development Engineer in Test:
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Several years' working as a Verification Engineer, Software Developer in Test, or Test Automation Engineer, developing test automation scripts and frameworks using at least one standard programming or scripting language.
- Effective problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Striving mindset for holistic understanding of the problem at hand, and takes pragmatic approach in design decisions
- Willingness to challenge assumptions, view problems as opportunities for growth and improvement
- OO design principles, data structures and database concepts
- Full stack development using Java, .NET platform (C#, .NET Core)
- Relational database: SQL
- Experience of CI/CD
- Understanding and experience of Agile.
- Structured and professional approach to engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of software engineering disciplines, practices, and techniques.
- Understanding and experience of the overall SDLC for application development
- SAFe methodologies.
- Previous experience of Medical Devices (or other regulated/safety critical areas)
- Image processing knowledge / experience and understanding of DICOM standard
- Back end: Microservices, REST APIs, SQL, Rabbit MQ
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Azure DevOps
- Domain Driven Design practices
- Asynchronous programming and event driven systems using Message queues
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Development Engineer in Test to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.