|Location: Winnersh, Berkshire||Salary: £45000 - £65000 per annum + 5.5% - 8% annual bonus|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer needed for a globally-recognised Aerospace & Defence organisation based in Winnersh who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Software Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of the full development lifecycle, (e.g. V- Model), C++ and Firmware development experience.
The successful Senior Software Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
* 25 days of holiday
* Annual bonus based 5.5 - 8%
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Flexible working
* State of the art work environment
* Life assurance
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Software Engineer will include:
* Provide Software Engineering design and development expertise. Analyse, design, code, test and document software solutions and contribute to overall system integration.
* Track and report progress against the engineering estimates, and at times produce estimates.
* Engineer software solutions where the principal technology focus is object-oriented techniques, based on C++ and C# on Microsoft Windows and embedded platforms.
* Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to work on all aspects of Software Engineering and with various technologies.
* Work closely with Program, Business Development and Systems Engineering teams to ensure that the requirements are defined and approved.
* Acquire domain knowledge of company products and systems and be able to transfer that knowledge to other team members.
* Work proactively with all team members including the Systems Engineers, encouraging and fostering co-operation.
* An ability to work under pressure and to recognise and help others when they are under pressure.
* Understand and utilise internal processes and tools for the development of software.
* Demonstrate an understanding of milestones and budgets and an ability to work within those, taking corrective action when problems occur.
* Take responsibility for the quality of software produced, and display an ability to use best practice to support that.
* Participate in and drive design reviews, code reviews and unit testing, displaying an openness to improve the quality of own work and that produced throughout the department.
What you need to be the successful Senior Software Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Software Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Experience of systems design, integration & test.
* An understanding of Systems from concept through to delivery.
* Knowledge of satellite systems
* OOD skills
* C++ UML design experience
* Experience of IS09001, CMMI
* Firmware development experience
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.