|Location: West Sussex, England||Salary: £40000 - £55000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Lauren Ballam|
Senior Software Engineer - Permanent £40k - £55k
Fantastic Opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to work with a leading British Defence organisation, whose broad portfolio includes: targeting systems, network enabled capability and communication infrastructures and global navigation satellite systems.
My client requires a senior software engineer to support design and development of GNSS based systems for the Government and Commercial marketplace with prominence on our portfolio of surface and airborne products. The Senior Software engineer must have a strong technical software development background with interest in GNSS product design and be capable of taking blank sheet concepts and engineering them into high quality, maintainable products.
The Senior Software engineer will provide software development expertise in support of system development activities including requirements capture and analysis, software architecture, design, software coding, System/Subsystem Design, Integration and Test & Acceptance and developing prototypes for new GNSS products. The ideal candidate will have a track record of developing software in accordance with the whole development lifecycle.
Some of the main duties of the Senior Software Engineer will include:
Key Accountabilities -
- Provide Software Engineering design and development expertise. Analyse, design, code, test and document software solutions and contribute to overall system integration.
- Track and report progress against the engineering estimates, and at times produce estimates.
- Engineer software solutions where the principal technology focus is object-oriented techniques, based on C++ and C# on Microsoft Windows and embedded platforms.
Software Systems Engineering
- Work closely with Program, Business Development and Systems Engineering teams to ensure that the requirements are defined and approved.
- Acquire domain knowledge of company products and systems and be able to transfer that knowledge to other team members.
Key Competencies -
- Demonstrates the ability to provide innovative technical ideas and solutions to a given set of requirements, and to provide a logical analysis of a problem or situation.
- Strong skills in the area of software design and development.
- A sound understanding of the complete software lifecycle, and an ability to work within the defined processes.
- Must have good verbal and written skills with the ability to write accurate technical documents.
- Presents a polite and courteous interface with colleagues, partners and customers.
- Team player
- Takes personal initiative and responsibility to proactively foster teamwork creating strong morale, always acting with the best interests of the company in mind.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle (e.g. V Model/Agile) including at least 5 years of industry experience developing software
- Strong Object Oriented Design skills
- Experience with Microsoft Windows platforms and Visual Studio
- Strong knowledge and experience of C++
- Embedded/Firmware development experience
- Good UML design experience
- Ability to estimate and prioritise software development activities and experience of delivering quality software to tight timescales
- Experience of requirements analysis, design, development and unit testing
- Strong understanding of source code control techniques, configuration and release management
- Experience of working within rigorous quality standards, such as ISO9001, CMMI
- Good problem-solving ability in order to respond to customer queries
- Security Cleared or ability to achieve clearance
- Able to undertake international travel
- Knowledge of C
- Knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC)
- UNIX or LINUX development experience
- Good understanding of Standard Template Library (STL) and C++ Templates
- Protocol Development Experience, e.g. networking or communications
- SubVersioN control experience is advantageous
- Experience designing SW for GNSS Receivers or some fundamental understanding of GPS/GNSS/Galileo
- Experience of developing software to RTCA-DO-178 would be advantageous
- Experience of using Requirements capture tools such as DOORS or JAMA
- Annual leave entitlement - 25 days
- Flexible working hours
- Free parking
- Facilties (free tea and coffee and canteen)
- Dry cleaning service
- Company pension scheme
- Health screening
- Child care vouchers
- Retail vouchers
- Dental insurance
Would you thrive working alongside a dynamic market leader and being highly rewarded for success matches your aspirations? If so, I want to hear from you today.
Contact Lauren now on 01342 330514
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.