|Location: Dorset||Salary: £30000 - £49000 per annum + salary advertised - please discuss|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Liberty Hussey|
Senior systems engineer
Senior systems engineer needed for a global denfence organisation based in Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced systems engineer with an in-depth knowledge the system engineer lifecycle.
* Salary: To be discussed at application stage
* 25 day's holiday + bank holiday
* Performance related bonus
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior systems engineer will include:
* Contribute to the technical direction for their allocated scope
* Estimate the hours and duration required for own tasks
* Support planning input to project schedules and deliver own work commensurate with those plans
* Contribute information to project reports
* Mentor junior staff
* Responsible for application of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle
* Responsible for Requirements Management across the relevant programmes.
* Responsible for the application of transversal engineering disciplines (Environmental & EMC Qualification, Safety, Security, Human Factors, ARM, ILS) across the relevant programmes.
* Responsible for Preparation for, and Support to, key Engineering Reviews and Verification and Acceptance Events.
* Responsible for Utilisation of the company preferred Systems Engineering toolset
* Responsible for Disposition of Engineering issues, FRACAS and DRACAS.
* Responsible for Preparation and Review of key Systems Engineering documents, reports and papers.
What you need to be the successful senior systems engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering or Engineering related discipline
* Experience of delivering Systems Engineering activities on multiple applications/projects.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience of Systems Engineering lifecycle
* Experience of preparing bids, studies and design review material
* Experience of Specification development, Verification and Validation
* Background in the defence industry preferred
* Understanding and experience of the application of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle and 'V-Model' across the full programme lifecycle.
* Experience of Requirements Management (Elicitation, Derivation, Decomposition, Flow-down, Verification & Validation) across the full programme lifecycle.
* Understanding and experience of the application of transversal engineering disciplines (Environmental & EMC Qualification, Safety, Security, Human Factors, ARM, ILS).
* Experience of participation in key Engineering Reviews and Verification and Acceptance Events.
* Knowledge of the Systems Engineering tools (or DOORS® Preferred).
* Experience in the management of Engineering issues, FRACAS and DRACAS.
* Experience in the preparation of key Systems Engineering documents, reports and papers.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.