|Location: Frimley, Surrey||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Safety, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Surrey, commutable from Guildford, Woking, Aldershot, Farnborough, Bracknell, Farnham
Salary: £45,000 - £50,00
Competitive pension scheme,
Enhanced annual leave allowance
Company contributed Share Incentive Plan.
Employee assistance programme
Plus many local and national employee discounts.
Would you like to be in an exciting role involved with Electro Optics and Gun Fire Control systems on the Type 26? We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Systems Engineer to do just that.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be covering two projects across the Type 26, both the completed design phase and the beginning of the implementation phase. You will be liaising with Systems design authorities and other areas across the business; from project management and quality, transverse engineering disciplines such as safety and security.
This role will provide you with excellent career progression opportunities and you will be fully supported in your development within the business.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Systems Engineer:
Carrying out complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options and preparing reports to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability
- Preparing acceptance material, supporting acceptance events and document results
- Preparing specifications and designs in accordance with quality and technical standards
- Making engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- Performing work within time, cost and quality expectations and reporting progress including predicted completion dates, problems and risks
- Providing assistance and support to development and integration teams on design and acceptance issues
- Participating in the development of engineering processes
- Supporting the preparation of bids
Your skills and qualifications as a Senior Systems Engineer:
Ability to operate in a large, complex multi-project environment
Possess good knowledge in a number of the following systems engineering disciplines:
- System Acceptance Management
- Configuration Management
- Human Factors
- Interface Analysis
- Performance Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
- System Design
- Testing Improvements
- Trials & Integration Support
What we're looking for:
You will be an excellent communicator both verbally and written.
You will take pride in all your own work and check the work of others, striving for 'zero defects' and 'zero rework'.
You will understand quality performance and actively set out to improve and seek feedback from internal customers.