|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer required to join a globally established Defence / Aerospace company in the Hampshire area. The Senior Systems Engineer will be involved with current Maritime projects in the Hampshire office. Some of these projects include Naval Bridge Systems and Maritime Surveillance Systems.
The role comes with a competitive salary (to be disclosed over the phone) and benefits package that includes:
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
The Main responsibilities of the Senior Systems Engineer include:
- In support of an opportunity, interpret Requirements Specifications including flowdown of system-level requirements, conformance with CONOPS and architectural descriptions of the capabilities.
- Produce technical proposals for opportunities against requirements.
- Support the definition and estimation of work packages;
- Report regularly on progress
- Influence and contribute to technical management areas including risk
- Maintain knowledge of existing products and systems to a high level
- Analyse, define and trace system requirements and recommend performance measures;
- Plan and execute the detailed design of navigation systems.
- Specify interface exchange requirements and develop interface control documents;
- Plan and execute the integration verification and validation of navigation systems including Verification Cross Reference between requirements and test and conducting customer acceptance.
- Perform Test and Trials at the factory, at land based test sites and at Sea on ships.
- Plan and execute engineering changes to navigation systems through use of customer Change Impact Assessment Process (CIAP)
- Collate and present supporting design documentation to Design Authority for approval and issuance of design certification.
- Produce technical documentation including interface documents, requirements documents, Technical amendments and additions (A&A's), Installation Guidance Pack (IGP), verification and validation documents.
- Where necessary carry out systems fault diagnosis and trials, service, maintenance and repair tasks at customer site or on Naval platforms in the UK or abroad, sometimes at short notice.
- Provide telephone and e-mail technical support to customers and service partners.
- Carry out operator and maintenance training when required.
The Senior Systems Engineer must have the following skillset to be successful in this role:
- HNC or equivalent in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Knowledge and systems engineering experience of marine electronics systems
including radar systems, Electronic chart systems, Navigation aids and steering
- Must be prepared to work at sea on commercial or military vessels for short periods
and to travel within the UK and abroad at short notice
- Must have a driving licence and passport
- Will be required to pass a Sea Farers medical ENG1
- Current holder of or ability to obtain SC Clearance and potentially DV
- Excellent communication's skills
- Must be self-motivated