|Location: West Sussex||Salary: £50000 - £70000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Medical Devices, Life Sciences||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Hannah Vincent|
Senior Systems Engineer
Would you like to work for a pioneering leader in the world of medical technology, who sparks the flames of innovation in the field of healthcare like no other? Now is your chance, our client is looking to hire a Senior Systems Engineer.
The successful candidate will ideally have a background working within the medical devices world and hold a Masters or PHD in physics.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Systems Engineer will include:
- Timely definition and realisation of the systems- or subsystems-architectures under scope in modular, easy to maintain and extensible subsystems and components either as part of the organisations internal development projects or with suppliers and development partners as part of co-development projects
- Responsible for the overall technical design of the system/subsystem (including HW, SW, IT infrastructure and documentation) to the level that it can be realised by project teams
- Develop innovative solutions with suppliers and partners and manages supplier relationships from a technical perspective
- Responsible for technical aspects and engineering artifacts of co-development projects including the definition of requirements-, interfaces- and design specifications, and the review and approval of suppliers or development partners engineering deliverables
- Collaborate with Procurement, Solution System Engineers, Domain System Engineers, Advanced Development, and Product Management to support the product-, innovation-, technology- and domains roadmaps
- Responsible for the hierarchical decomposition of requirements to ensure the customers value is realised
- Define and accept work elements (epics, features) to realise product roadmaps
- Support standards and processes for an effective systems engineering
- Coaches and supports agile teams and systems engineers without disciplinary authority on aspects of System Engineering and co-development with a focus on requirements management, interfaces management and architecting
- Advises on supply chain strategy and Make or Buy decisions
- Consulted on a regular basis by key stakeholders including the leadership team on architectural and co-development related issues
- Maintain and develop relationship with stakeholders within the company and with development partners to participate in strategic platforms development and contribute to the organisations competitiveness
- Finds creative solutions for difficult multi-product interdependencies with very long-term implications for product design and DfX (Design for Reliability, Serviceability, Costs, Manufacturability, …)
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Systems Engineer:
- First or master's degree in an engineering, physics, or applicable technical/scientific discipline
- Several years of experience in systems engineering and architecting or technical supplier management preferably in the medical device industry
- Demonstrated aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving with the ability to implement through others
- Ability to apply system thinking to product ownership throughout the lifecycle
- Excellent understanding and command of requirement engineering including requirements formulation, requirements management and the overall requirements lifecycle
- Experienced in the application of system engineering practices taking the value creation for the customers and the company into account
- In-depth understanding of all forecasted technological developments of all important and relevant technologies and their application to the sector
- Good command of requirements engineering and systems architecting methods and tools.
- Knowledge of value engineering would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to speak and present publicly
- Strong in building and maintaining successful and effective working relationships with others across functions and geographies
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so do not miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.