|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer needed for the world's leading defence engineering organisation based in the Portsmouth area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Systems Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of the whole project life-cycle and systems engineering activities.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in STEM related subjects and a proven background within Systems Engineering. A background from defence/military or aerospace is preferred, and if you have knowledge of Airborne Mission Systems and rotary airworthiness that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Systems Engineer will include:
- Requirement analysis
- Detailed reviews with customer and internal boards;
- Use of CASE tools to correctly describe and link flow of requirements;
- Detailed System Specification(SS)/Sub-System Specifications (SSS)/Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) derivation from customer requirements;
- Review user requirements and ensure correct flow down throughout requirements, either via traditional development methods or Agile methodologies;
- System design
- Preparation of Design Analysis Reports (DARs) to assess and recommend design solutions to requirements
- Preparation of Interface Requirement Specification (IRS)
- Creation of Architecture Designs
- Creation of solution/product System Definition Documents (SDD)
- Develop Test system strategies
- Support Integration, Test and verification
- Review Test procedures
- Support design for test systems relating to integration rigs
- Support System verification and validation
- Run System sell off tests to customer and create reports to show correct validation of requirements.
- Support to Airworthiness
- Support to A/C and training system on specification and issues arising
- Signatory for Flight Approval Documentation
- Compilation of flight approval documentation
The Senior Systems Engineer should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Analysis of technical problems and the production of pragmatic solutions;
- Resolution of issues in an effective productive manner;
- Production and convincing presentation of proposal and design documents Customer and Supplier;
- Ability to make rapid decisions;
- Comfortable leading and working with a small team of people; good listening and debating skills;
- Proven ability to produce innovative, technically compliant and cost effective solutions;
- Practical experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (SysML, Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect);
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.