|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £35000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Principal Transport Planner
£35,000 - 50,000 per annum
Are you looking to further your career and take the next step on your journey with a small transport planning team?
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Transport Planner to broaden their experience and level of responsibility.
You may also be seeking to improve your qualifications…
Our client is keen to support your continued professional development. They offer extensive training and development opportunities at all career levels.
Job Summary for the Principal Transport Planner
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Principal Transport Planner to join an expanding successful business.
The company specialise within civil, structural and ground engineering as well as;
Infrastructure and Drainage, Transport Planning, Environmental, Rail and many more…
Due to continued growth and success within their small Transport Planning team, they are now looking for a Principal Transport Planner to support and deliver projects.
About the Principal Transport Planner role:
The opportunity is situated in a fantastic location, you'll be based in Bristol along the vibrant harbourside.
With regards to reports, you'll be reporting directly to the Head of Discipline / Associate Director where you will carry out the following:
- Assist in the management and mentoring of the transport planning team
- Project delivery and management and
- Be an excellent representative of the client at meetings
- Support Marketing and promotion of the discipline
General day to day duties for the Transport Planner role:
- Supervising and reviewing technical work
- Client liaison and negotiation with Local Authority Highway Officers
- Writing technical reports
- Preparing fee proposals and securing new commissions as well as attending consultation events.
What we look for in you!
- Candidates should be educated to at degree level in Civil Engineering or Geography and may also hold qualification to Masters level in Transport Planning, although this is not essential.
- You will be professionally qualified (CEng or TPP) and hold MCIHT. - we are open to look at candidates who may be working towards…
- The successful candidate will have significant professional experience predominately working in the Private Sector in Development Planning.
- You will have experience in the preparation of Transport Assessments/Statements and Travel Plans, access appraisal, traffic modelling, design of junctions and traffic management / calming schemes.
- You will also be able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of National Transport Planning policy and guidance, DMRB design standards, manual for streets and sustainable transport.
- In addition to your technical excellence you will have good project management skills and be able to work positively with multi-disciplinary teams including people with different values.
- We would fully expect that you possess excellent written and oral communication skills and are able to work easily and accurately with numbers and enjoy analysis.
- This role requires occasional site visits and design team meetings; therefore, a driving license is desirable.
What our client can offer you
- This role may be undertaken on a flexible working basis and we would welcome applicants on this basis. We want candidates to feel confident to ask about the flexibility they need and our client prides themselves on enabling a positive work/life balance.
- Any candidate who applies for a job can ask at interview about the flexibility at interview. In return, they will explore what's possible for the role.
- Our client can offer a competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience)
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme with 5% employer's contribution
- Life assurance
- Ability to 'buy' extra holidays.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.