|Location: Fareham, Hampshire||Salary: £35000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Service Desk Lead
Service Desk Lead to join one of the worlds largest defence companies as part of their IT Services team in the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to join a large company that can offer growth and stability. On offer for the Service Desk Lead is a competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- 9 day working fortnight (every other Friday off)
- 2:1 pension scheme
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Flexible working hours
The ideal candidate would be a current 'lead' within a Service Desk team and is now looking for their first manager position.
The Service Desk Lead will need to ensure that the IT Services provision meets or exceeds the SLA (Service Level Agreements) with the business whilst also meeting budget commitments. They will also manage the 1st Line Support Team in providing day to day IT systems and application support services.
Key responsibilities for the Service Desk Lead includes:
- Ensure that the 1st Line Support team are assigned targets to work towards, and work with the team to monitor progress and ensure goals are met
- Monitor support ticket activity within the team, and prioritise workload within the team accordingly to ensure all targets are met
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via all medias to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues
- Work with the Global IT Management team where applicable to develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and resolved within the set SLA's
- Encourage and develop liaison with other teams within global IT to ensure that all support calls that require escalation are completed within the required timeframe and are tracked, with regular progress updates received, and calls are closed within the agreed SLA's
- Ensure the 1st Line Support team adhere to all necessary processes, including support processes, updating required departmental documentation, meeting deadlines for projects and weekly reports
- Assist with the maintenance of operational documentation, schedules, working procedures and processes to ensure these are remain current and up to date.
- Work effectively to your defined annual objectives
The required skillset for the Service Desk Lead includes:
- Knowledge of laptop and desktop hardware, including Dell and HP desktops and laptops, mobile devices, thin client terminals and varied printing devices.
- Basic technical knowledge of internal computer components, including RAM, hard drives, motherboards, NIC cards etc.
- Working knowledge of current MS Office Suite
- Experience of working in a service desk and/or customer service environment
- Experience in leading a team, prioritising individual workload whilst supervising and supporting others as part of the role
- Experience in collating and producing critical reporting information
- Confident and assertive attitude
- Pro-active leadership that encourages teams to perform to the best of their ability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Managing requirements and budgets for IT projects
- Knowledge and experience of working within secure environments
- ITIL v3 or Prince II Certification
- Experience of working within an ITIL based ITSM environment
This candidate will need to be eligible for Security Clearance (British passport only)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.