|Location: Enfield Town||Salary: £28000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Single Skilled Electrical Technician
£28,000 - £33,000 + Company Van
About the Single Skilled Electrical Technician role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Technician to work in North London. As the successful Single Skilled Electrical Technician, your role will be to ensure that all equipment at the sewage pumping stations across the area is running safely and efficiently using proactive and reactive maintenance methods.
You will also inspect, maintain, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair electrical equipment.
Examples of equipment you will be working on will be as followed:
- 3 phase motors
- Starters and controls
- Electronic control systems such as VSD's
- Automatic valves and penstocks
- Flow, level and pressure measurement
- Programmable logic controllers
- Variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling and dosing equipment.
Key Duties for the Single Skilled Electrical Technician
- Carrying out scheduled planned and reactive maintenance work on a variety of wastewater residential assets and industrial electrical machinery.
- Communicating with the customer in a professional manner and throughout the process, whilst meeting their expectations, at all times.
- Investigation of plant failures and carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process.
- You will be expected to provide technical advice, referring to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees
- Participate in a stand-by rota following the relevant training.
Must Haves for the Single Skilled Electrical Technician role:
- 18th Edition electrical City and Guilds certification is crucial.
- Apprenticeship with significant experience of electrical systems working in a 'true multi-skilled' capacity.
- Experience in inspecting, maintaining, fault diagnosis, testing, installation, modifying or repairing Electrical plant equipment.
- Experience maintaining large pumps, actuated valves, electronic control systems such as VSD's and 3 phase electrical switchgear is essential.
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues relevant to the industry would be beneficial for this role.
- The work will require physical fitness.
- You will need the ability to work in confined spaces and will require completion of appropriate training for this.
- A full UK driving licence is essential
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.