|Location: Warminster, Wiltshire||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Software Engineer / Front-End Web Developer
Warminster - Permanent
Software Engineer / Front-End Web Developer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading security and aerospace company who specialise in the development and integration of advanced technology systems and products.
You must be eligible for Security Clearance (SC).
Purpose of the role:
Software Engineer / Front-End Web Developer will be part of small team responsible for delivering software changes and enhancements to all programmes.
My client offers an attractive salary, fantastic benefits and career progression
Some of the main duties the Software Engineer / Front-End Web Developer will include:
Working on a new product they are working on for the British Army, you will;
- Plan, conduct, and coordinate software development activities
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle
- Apply knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software
- Correct programme errors, prepares operating instructions, produces development documentation
- Analyse system capabilities to resolve questions of business intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls
- Ensures software standards are met
What you need to be the successful Software Engineer / Front-End Web Developer:
- Can utilise modern web technologies with (HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, AJAX) effectively to develop engaging and effective web user interfaces compatible with modern browsers
- Good knowledge of software engineering lifecycle models, design methods and their application
- Previous experience working on Java projects using established software standards, quality requirements and processes
- Understands UML diagrams and able to relate them to the codebase
- Excellent communication skills and supports others to achieve the team's goals
- Ability to respond positively to change, and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Strong desire to learn and improve
- Tenacity in solving problems, and is able to think creatively to find effective solutions
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer / Front-End Web Developer to progress their career.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.