|Location: Farnborough||Salary: £45000 - £57000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Remote Working - Visits to your closest office 2-3 times per month
£45,000 - £57,000 + Benefits
Software Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering who are looking to employ a number of experienced and well-rounded Software Engineers that takes pride in their work.
As an Agile Software Engineer you will be taking a leading role in an agile software team, dealing with all software engineering aspects associated with the creation and development of safe and secure software-based products for use on naval platforms.
REMOTE WORKING: Positions are available across the south of England, with offices including Farnborough, Portsmouth, West London, Bristol and Bournemouth areas. You will be able to work remotely, with the occasional trip to the office for meetings roughly two or three times per month.
What the role of the Software Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software Engineer will include:
- Working with Stakeholders to define, develop and implement product enhancements and overall strategy
- Working with the Software Team and Engineering Manager to deliver software work packages
- Taking a leading role with the agile software processes in a Software Team
- Delivering quality Software Engineering to budget and schedule including involvement in work package allocation & tracking
- Supporting estimation of engineering activities for cost-to-complete exercises and when scoping/sizing additional work
- Acting as an exemplar Software Engineer to further develop the software products and to lead/oversee the sharing of best practice amongst the Software Team
What experience you need to be the successful Software Engineer:
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or have equivalent level of working experience
- Must have a strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle - especially Agile and DevSecOps, including significant previous experience of performing a scrum master/product owner role within a successful Agile team
- Knowledge of a programming language such as Java, Python or C#
- Experience of working with Open Standards and Open Architectures
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at different levels across a team and throughout the business
- Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset (Jira, etc.) and/or the Microsoft Azure technology stack would be beneficial, but is not essential
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.