|Location: Wokingham, Berkshire||Salary: Up to £1 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Davies||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Software Engineer needed for an established leading design & manufacturing organisation based in Wokingham who are looking to employ an experienced Software Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of C++ application development for Windows or Linux.
The successful Software Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: Competitive
* 26 day's holidays
* Contributory Pension
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Income Protection
* Free Parking
What the role entails: You will be responsible for developing application software, ranging from the implementation of customer specific man machine interfaces or sensor specific control interfaces to ground up design of new image processing algorithms and video management applications.
Some of the main duties of the Software Engineer will include:
* Design, development and testing of application software for sensor control, video distribution, display and processing applications.
* Provision of technical support and integration assistance to customers
* Generation and review of system specification documents
* Preparation of test documentation
* Fault finding, debugging and resolving issues
* Assist project and senior management, with the successful running and administration of engineering projects
* Follow and support the review and continuous improvement of effective team procedures and working practices.
What you need to be the successful Software Engineer:
* Degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, electronics, mathematics or physics
* Experience of C++ application development for Windows or Linux using IDE's such as Microsoft Visual Studio
* Experience of video processing or computer vision algorithms development
* Enthusiastic team player but able to work on own initiative
* Man-machine interface development using OpenGL
* Video streaming application development
* Experience of PC hardware architectures
* Experience of working directly with customers
* Application and driver development under Linux for ARM processors
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!