|Location: Surrey, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Software Engineer needed for a multinational aerospace, maritime and defence company who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Software Engineer an in-depth knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good software management practices to your work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree - i.e. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computing.. If you have commercial experience in Software Engineering/ Software Development that would be a plus!
Benefits for this Software Engineer role are as follows:
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish Friday
- Competitive pension
- 25 days holiday
- Option to buy shares
- Retail discount vouchers
- & others including cycle to work & childcare vouchers
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software Engineer will include:
- Supporting the development, integration and delivery of software solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to support project and business milestones, and ensuring that your work meets its contractual, safety and environmental obligations.
- Ensuring that technical and performance requirements of the software elements of the combat systems and products are correctly identified and working at the relevant point of the engineering lifecycle to ensure that these systems are designed, built, integrated and accepted into service, with the correct level of authority. This will also include working with suppliers and the military users of our equipment.
- Delivering your outputs to agreed time, cost and quality in order to support project and business milestones, and ensuring that your work meets its contractual, safety and environmental obligations.
What we're looking for in the ideal Software Engineer:
- You will be self-motivated and proactive individual with the ability to absorb knowledge from technical experts in order to develop your own skills. You will also possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- We welcome people with experience of the military, defence and maritime industries, who can use their knowledge and learning to help us ensure that we provide the best products into submarines. We are also keen to work with people from other industries, technical fields and working environments who can bring in innovative and fresh thinking and work with us to participate and contribute to the important work that we do.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All candidates must be willing to undergo and obtain UK security clearance to a high standard.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.