|Location: Fareham, Hampshire||Salary: £35 - £45 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Software Engineer - ADA
Software Engineer - ADA required to join a globally established defence / engineering company in the Havant area. This company has recently won some large projects within the Maritime industry so ideally the ADA Software Engineer will have come from a Navy / defence related background.
As the successful Software Engineer ADA you will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 9 day working fortnight (Every other Friday off)
- The chance to work on large maritime projects alongside the Royal Navy
Responsibilities for the Software Engineer - ADA:
- Provide software development skills to a number of software development programmes.
- Deliver software enhancements to satisfy technical requirements, within budget and to programme timescales.
- Estimate, plan and track own technical tasks, providing clear accurate and timely status reporting.
- Contribute to the delivery of the Team and Project goals and objectives, through demonstrating professional and flexible proactive behaviours.
Requirements (Skill set) for the Software Engineer - ADA include:
- Experience of developing and testing real-time embedded software for defence platforms.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of Software Engineering, with a proven track record of demonstrating the following skills:
- Analytical: ability to analyse a wide range of technical problems and provide imaginative and pragmatic solutions.
- Negotiation: ability to resolve issues in an effective productive manner.
- Communication: ability to produce and present convincing presentations, design documents, etc.
- Decision-making: ability to make appropriate decisions based on sound facts.
- Interpersonal: ability to work within a team of people, good listening and debating skills.
- Technical innovation: ability to achieve solutions innovatively.
- Significant experience of programming in ADA
- Experience of creating and developing software designs using a formal software design tool (ideally Enterprise Architect, or close equivalent). Must have experience of UML methodology, including a good appreciation of the diagram set.
- Adherence to process within a software development environment.
- Excellent written communication through the use of e-mail, presentation and formal reports.
- Strong drive to deliver on both personal and team commitments. Good appreciation of programme impact due to not achieving those goals.
- A self-starter, capable of working effectively without day to day supervision, requiring only general direction.
- Ability to operate effectively and efficiently within cost constraints.
- Customer-focused attitude, with the confidence to represent the organisation both internally and externally.
- Strong appreciation of sound Configuration Management and Change Control practices.
Desirable skills for the Software Engineer - ADA:
- Experience of static and dynamic test tools.
- Experience of Interface Definition Language (IDL).
The Software Engineer - ADA will need to be eligible for SC clearance (Security clearance)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.