|Location: Gloucestershire||Salary: £51000 - £61000 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 26 days ago|
First Line Manager (Software)
First Line Manager needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Gloucester who are looking to employ an experienced First Line Manager (Software) who has experience coaching people and helping with career progression
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the First Line Manager will include:
- To champion Functional Excellence for the SW Function
- To manage your team through Organisational Health Initiatives (OHI), Rotational Assignments, Succession, Retention, Employee Development, Innovative Thinking and Leadership Excellence for the SW function
- To actively lead and deliver Digital Development Environment (DDE) Agile, Automation and Model Based Engineering for the SW function
- To promote the delivery of Lockheed Martin Full Spectrum Leadership and Join the Journey across the SW function
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Peers, Technical Leads and Programme Management for the Programme for which your teams are assigned.
- Participation in technical and business meetings for the Programme for which your teams are assigned.
- Proactive development of staff including appropriate stretch assignments to support career development plans, and performance management actions as needed.
- Ensure the department's adherence to departmental and LM policies along with active participation in their continued development and maintenance
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current and future business status to enable effective provision of both resource and capability for your area of responsibility.
- To ensure that the software elements for projects to which your staff are assigned are completed on schedule working collaboratively with other functions following established procedures, schedules, and work plans.
What you need to be the successful First Line Manager:
In order to be the successful First Line Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a First Line Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.