|Location: Kingston upon Thames||Salary: £50000 - £57000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Software Integration Engineer
Kingston upon Thames
£50,000 - £57,000 + benefits
Software Integration Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering and organisation based in the Kingston upon Thames area.
The successful Software Integration Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. The ideal candidate will have proven experience within the arena of complex software integration, ideally within a defence engineering environment and would preferably have previous experience within configuring, installing or integrating windows applications and a sound understanding of debugging techniques.
What the role of the Software Integration Engineer entails:
The Software Integration Engineer will be tasked to integrate a Windows-based Naval Combat Management System on a virtualised shared infrastructure. The role will involve working on local integration facilities with opportunities to work at land-based UK test sites and on board Royal Navy ships. To carry out system investigations and work closely with subject matter experts. To lead tasks and be the team's point of contact with other teams as required.
What experience you need to be the successful Software Integration Engineer:
* Familiar with Windows 7/10/Server 2008/2012/2016 functionality.
* Ability to methodically investigate a symptom to understand and isolate the root cause.
* Ability to quickly understand how areas of a complex system work
* Able to apply past experience to support the understanding and investigation of new issues.
* Experience with Virtual machines and VMware ESXi.
* Understanding of Networks (architecture and protocols).
* Use of OS diagnostic tools (e.g. for Windows, Perfmon and the SysInternals tools).
* Application of general-purpose scripting languages (e.g. to automate processes or perform a quick analysis of data). Example languages include AWK, Perl, Python, etc.
* Build tools (e.g. make, Ant, etc.). The underlying concepts are more important than knowledge of a specific tool.
* XML and associated technologies (e.g. DOM, XSLT, etc.).
* Active directory and domain knowledge.
* General integration and problem-solving techniques.
* Naval Combat Management Systems.
* Configuration Management.
* Performance Analysis.
* Experience of working on ship / Trials & Integration Support.
***Please note due to the nature of the work, this role requires candidates to either currently possess UK SC Clearance, or be willing to undergo and obtain at least SC Security Clearance***
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Integration Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.