|Location: Brighton||Salary: £35000 - £38000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Simon Kiely||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Software Test Analyst
Brighton, East Sussex
Software Test Analyst needed for a leading organisation based in Brighton, East Sussex who are looking to employ an experienced Software Test Analyst with an in-depth knowledge of manual software testing, ISTQB, case management or workflow-based systems,creation of test plans and test cases such as qMerty, Azure Test plans or similar, and working in an Agile/Scrum project team.
The successful Software Test Analyst will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 per annum
* 25 day's holiday
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
Some of the main duties of the Software Test Analyst will include:
* Own the design, documentation and execution of tests, defect management and test reporting
* Review and static testing of user stories, architectural designs, and other technical documentation
* Creation of test plans
* Creation of test suites and test cases using existing manual test tools
* Creation of comprehensive test data ahead of test execution
* Creation of test schedules so that test execution efficiency is maximised
* Test effort estimation using standard Agile sizing techniques
* Ownership of the defect management process
* Test reporting on key metrics such as progress against plan and defect severities
* Regression test execution and maintenance of the regression pack
* Work with developers on the root cause analysis of defects, identifying and communicating common trends so that underlying issues can be addressed
* Self-development and an interest in learning about modern test approaches and what benefits they could bring to the environment
In order to be the successful Software Test Analyst and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Proven history in manual functional software testing experience, including ISTQB Foundation.
* Experience with case management or workflow-based systems.
* Experience of static testing of user stories and technical documentation, and able to provide constructive feedback where appropriate.
* Creation of test plans and test cases using test tools such as qMetry, Azure Test Plans or similar.
* Identification and creation of appropriate test data for test execution.
* Able to create test schedules and prioritise work based on risk.
* Test execution both from pre-defined tests and exploratory testing.
* Creation of defects resulting from executed tests, ensuring that they are reproduced, fixed, and re-tested appropriately.
* Creation of progress reports and test summaries.
* Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum project team, and of Agile ceremonies such as stand-ups, backlog refinement and sprint planning.
* Experience of working in teams with both third party suppliers and internal resources.
* Experience of different types of testing such as event-based processing, boundary value analysis, data oriented testing and regression testing.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills - able to constructively discuss and resolve defects and queries with developers, product owners and other stakeholders.
* Good working knowledge of MS Office tools - Word, Excel, Outlook
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Test Analyst to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.