|Location: Weymouth||Salary: Salary On Application|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Software Test Engineer
Permanent - Salary DOE
Software Test Engineer needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in Glasgow who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Software Test Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in Science, Mathematics or Engineering (STEM), and have experience with the whole software development lifecycle. Knowledge of Agile, Waterfall or V Model methodologies would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Software Test Engineer will include:
- Ability to generate structured Software Test Planning and Elaboration documentation.
- Support the design and execution of Systems and Software Tests to verify and validate that our Sonar Systems meet requirements, quality, performance and reliability criteria.
- Support of user acceptance evaluations, Factory Acceptance Tests, systems trials and confidence testing.
- Accountable for supporting the development and maintenance of the CSS Software test strategy, testing quality framework, and test methodology.
- Good understanding of Software architectural and detailed design, using UML with Enterprise Architect and DOORS would be desirable.
- Supports the policy and standards for the performing of business process testing.
What experience you need to be the successful Software Test Engineer:
- Testing experience in a similar role - Essential
- Ability to understand and use Requirements Analysis to support test design and planning- Essential
- Working within a software development team debugging, reviewing and some coding - Essential
- Good understanding of Software Configuration and Build Management - Desirable
- Knowledge of UML, Enterprise Architect or DOORS - Desirable
- Knowledge of C++, RTI DDS, UML - Desirable
- ISEB Accreditation in Software Testing or equivalent - Desirable
- A good working understanding of Microsoft applications - Desirable
- Experience of using testing tools and Test Harness frameworks: Jira, Redmine - Desirable
- Sonar domain knowledge, or similar signal processing intensive applications - Desirable
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.