|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Henocq|
Software Upgrade Specialist
My clients Care Support Centre provides clinical and technical support for Oncology products specifically in Europe and also in distributor territories.
Software Upgrade Specialists are responsible for all aspects of test and clinical software upgrades, these include performing the upgrade, supporting the go-live process and being involved during the planning phase.
In order to maintain the necessary field competence significant travel (up to 30%) will be expected throughout the region. Upgrades mostly occur at unsociable hours and weekends so as to limit the impact on patients' clinical treatments.
The individual is expected to be first and foremost a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and dedication to our customers. Significant in-depth technical knowledge of the product from the hardware on which it runs through to the use of the applications software is essential and it is expected that the individual will be self-motivated enough to maintain and update this knowledge.
This role will initially be Monday to Friday during the training period and then will include Friday night and weekend work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with customers.
- Ability to Travel 30%.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Flexible and accommodating approach.
- Ability and desire to promote my clients professional image.
- Can demonstrate strong customer care skills.
- Experience in a support environment desirable.
- Knowledge of Health Care desirable
- Fluent in French
- Follow my clients quality and regulatory and safety policies at all times.
- Supporting and promoting my clients image no matter what the circumstances.
- Behaving in a professional manner at all times.
- Ensuring that the customer is fully aware of the implications of any upgrade work being undertaken before that work commences. Provide and maintain all documentation required to support a software upgrade.
- Being available as required to take calls from customers, company engineers and Distributors pertaining an upgrade.
- Escalate to management any technical issues that are likely to become significant, including potential issues preventing new software rollouts.
- Ensure that at all times, Business Units and distributors are kept updated with progress of any issues being dealt with.
- Prioritizing and managing cases in an efficient and professional manner.
- Performing regular installation work and upgrades at customers sites and remotely as required.
- Documenting and having work accepted by the customer before leaving site or closing the case.
- Being available to travel at short notice to resolve technical and political issues at customers sites.
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies -
- Technical skills in the area of PC/Network Computing
- Knowledge of SQL, Citrix, Windows Operating Systems
- Educated to Degree or diploma in Computer Sciences (or equivalent)
- Must be fluent in French
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.