|Location: Greenford, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Defence / Electronics Engineering
My client, a globally recognised defence / electronics company, based in Greenford, are looking for a Solutions Engineer to join their growing team.
This Solutions Engineer position is an intellectually demanding position, thye need a candidate with a strong academic background, to work with with sales team, receiving a requirement and designing the system that the company can best deliver. You will also be responsible for designing how this will get put together and how much it will cost.
On offer is a highly competitive salary for this Solutions Engineer position, as well as a benefits package, detailed below.
Benefits for Solutions Engineer:
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish on Friday
- Health care
- Dental care
- Matched 5% pension
- Subsidised gym & canteen
- & many more!
Key Responsibilities for Solutions Engineer:
- Work with customers to develop solution requirements, and to foresee their future needs.
- Generate system solutions, maximising re-use of existing products within the company portfolio.
- Produce high quality, robust white papers and technical proposals to meet customer needs.
- Develop cost estimates to support the generation of bids.
- Provide briefings and demonstrations to individuals and groups, both at company and customer premises.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of products and services.
- Manage own time and workload to efficiently deliver multiple, concurrent work packages.
- Build relationships, and ensure the company is represented as a professional, capable and reliable organisation to both existing and potential customers.
- Attend meetings with customers away from the Greenford site, occasionally on short notice.
Knowledge skills and experience required:
- Previous position in a customer-facing technical role.
- Demonstrable experience in concept development, system design and architecting solutions; able to demonstrate 'systems thinking' in problem solving.
- Prior involvement in the generation of bids.
- An ability to learn (e.g. to gain full knowledge of current products)
- Demonstrate an ability to build effective relationships with customers at all levels, and be held in high regard by them.
- Demonstrate an ability to multi-task effectively.
- Willingness to travel, both within the UK and overseas.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Experience in Radio systems.
- Experience in developing military equipment.
- Experience in cryptographic products.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity for a Solutions Engineer, please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.