|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £42000 - £49000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
My Client is looking for an Strategic Buyer to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
I am looking for an experienced Strategic Buyer with significant defence engineering industry background including direct engineering buying experience. Must be conversant with procurement contracts and terms and will own and manage the suppliers they work with but this is not a commercial officer role. Must have a good level of professionalism and capability to operate as one of the more experienced members within a less experienced team and so will need the ability to be independent and a self starter but also have the capability to work well with others.
- Excellent understanding of procurement best practice
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing and advanced procurement techniques/tools
- Strong experience within the defence industry.
- Proven Commercial and Contract Management skills
- Direct experience of the operational control of suppliers
- Proven Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) skills
- Excellent commercial skills with the ability to analyse and negotiate best-value agreements
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively manage stakeholders' expectations at a variety of levels
- Data literate with strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated, determined, and committed individual with a proven record of achieving cost saving targets/objectives
- Individual who thrives on challenges, and has experience working within a fast paced procurement function
- Understanding of related disciplines/departments within a design and manufacturing environment
- Capability to develop ingenious and creative solutions to complex problems, including supplier issues.
- Ability to work assignments without significant/appreciable direction
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications
- Flexibility to travel as required
- Mechanical (fabrications/machined items) and Electrical (box-build, cables, components) buying experience
- Supply chain experience in the defence environment
- Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from proposal capture, programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life
- Flexibility to work at different levels of sub contract complexity (off the shelf, build to print, MOTs, and design to specification)
- Knowledge of the SAP ERP system
- Bachelors' degree in a business/scientific/technical discipline
- Knowledge/experience of process improvement methodologies
Ampthill based, but will require travel to suppliers on a reasonably regular basis, tis travel will be UK based.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.