|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 29 days ago|
3-month initial contract
Stress Engineer needed for a market leading Aerospace organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Stress Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of structural and stress analysis in an aerospace environment, familiar with the static analysis of metallic and composite structures, and proficient in the use of analysis software (preferably including Strand7 and Mathcad).
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Stress Engineer will include:
- To conform to the company procedures, processes and standards.
- To meet the Technical Specification, customer requirements and airworthiness regulations specified within the scope of the contract.
- To provide Structural advice and analysis, based on:
- Project timescales and budget.
- Certification requirements
- Customer requirements
- Working with other team members, deputising as appropriate for Stress Lead, to ensure overall project delivery.
- To perform tasks as necessary to show that structures comply with the strength and structural requirements defined in the Technical Specification within the scope of the contract including:
- Writing stress reports in correct technical English.
- Generating Structural working files.
- Generating and checking Finite Element Models and interpreting results
- Advice to the design office on structural concepts, materials and fasteners
- Support efficient running of Stress office within project team.
- To support the provision of timely, economic, design solutions.
What you need to be the successful Stress Engineer:
In order to be the successful Stress Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Competent working knowledge of structural and stress analysis in an aerospace environment.
- Familiar with the static analysis of metallic and composite structures.
- Able to support and guide others in the team including other Stress Engineers.
- Proficient in the use of analysis software (preferably including Strand7 and Mathcad)
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Familiar with MS Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of civil structural airworthiness requirements.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Stress Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.