|Location: Wigan||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 13 days ago|
£40,000 to £45,000 + car & package
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sub-Contract Buyer to join a leading infrastructure contractor at their offices in Greater Manchester in the North West. You'll be joining a business that has secured a strong pipeline of heavy civil engineering projects across the country for the next 3 years and a business that rewards it's employees on merit, rather than time served.
The Sub-Contract Buyer will be working closely with both the Senior Buyers and Procurement Manager, taking responsibility for negotiating and securing sub-contract services on time, to specification and for the best possible value. This all needs to be accomplished without affecting standards and at the highest possible quality to ensure the company continues to meet it's targets and objectives.
Some of the Sub-Contract Buyers key duties will include:
- Implementing an 'Added Value' procurement strategy for all ongoing and future projects
- Manage the day to day procurement of all sub-contractors
- Provide accurate forecast information on the required dates in each month
- Attend monthly meetings to discuss sub-contractor forecasts, highlighting and movements throughout the period and future risks
- Making continuous improvements throughout the supply chain
- Demonstrate best overall value for money for all procurement recommendations
- Implement a robust negotiation package
- Ensure all agreed contract arrangements and package information is comprehensive
Sub-Contract Buyers considering applying for this position will need to have previous experience working within the construction or engineering sectors and have procured sub-contract packages.
In return, the Sub-Contract Buyer can expect an opportunity that includes no limits on career progression, the freedom to put your own mark on the procurement process, flexible working and the support of a cash rich, well regarded main contractor. You'll also be offered a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £40,000 to £45,000
- Company car or car allowance
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Discretionary bonus
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
If you're a Sub-Contract Buyer and you're looking for opportunities for personal progression and development with a forward thinking, award winning business, get in touch today.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.