|Location: East Sussex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Sub Contract Manager
Sub Contract Manager needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Brighton who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Sub Contract Manager that takes pride in their work with experience managing supplier relationships and cross functional teams, able to proficiently develop, apply, and analyse the effectiveness of Supply Chain methods to turn materials into products and strong mentoring and training skills.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Sub Contract Manager will include:
- The Sub Contract Manager will support major business projects to ensure the large sub contract elements are performing in line with project needs.
- Representing EDO MBM Technology as a prime point of contact for subcontracts and related tasks.
- Prepares subcontract RFPs and analyses subcontractor responses, Negotiates and finalises subcontract documents including terms and conditions
- Manage complex subcontracts to ensure they comply with Spec / SOW-driven requirements, and other specific procurements as required.
- Represents organisation as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organisations.
- Negotiate modifications to subcontracts, develop positive working relationships, and interface with suppliers via phone, email, or personal visits.
- Confirm and / or expedite material deliveries to support project production dates.
- Lead cross-functional teams to establish or change hardware specifications, quality requirements, and schedules, including Failure Analysis (FA) and determination of root cause and corrective action with suppliers.
- Manage supplier relationships and supplier performance to satisfy project and customer requirements for delivery, sales, orders, and profit. Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Management and administration of sub-contract purchase orders & contracts
- Carry out additional tasks reasonably requested or recognised as important to the safe and effective running of the business.
What experience you need to be the successful Sub Contract Manager:
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Position would require satisfactory UK security clearance
- Highly organised and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Experience managing supplier relationships and cross functional teams.
- Able to proficiently develop, apply, and analyse the effectiveness of Supply Chain methods to turn materials into products.
- Strong knowledge of procurement lifecycle and supply chain management principals.
- Able to lead groups in problem solving.
- Responsible for mentoring and training other subcontract managers.
- Excellent communications, negotiations, presentation, and documentation skills.
- Cross-functional knowledge of Supplier Quality, Programmes and Engineering as they relate to subcontract management.
- Ability to create and present using Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong mentoring and training skills.
- Effective in influencing and establishing positive relationships.
- An understanding of Aerospace/Defence Design Development Projects & the engineering life cycle.
- Full driving license.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Sub Contract Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that security clearance up to SC level is required for this position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.