|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer needed for a multinational Defence and Aerospace organisation based in London who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Supplier Quality Engineer that takes pride in their work with a good background in supplier quality, EASA Part 21, FAR, ISO9001, AS9100 and ideally the Aerospace/Defence industry.
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish Friday
- Up to 5% Bonus
- Subsidised gym and canteen
- 25 days' holiday
- Option to buy further 5 days'
- Cycle to work scheme and retail vouchers
What experience you need to be the successful Supplier Quality Engineer:
- Experience in a Supplier Quality focussed role within an Aerospace/Defence supply chain environment
- Experience in EASA Part 21, ISO9001, AS9100 and FAR
- Eligible for security clearance up to SC level
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Supplier Quality Engineer will include:
- Perform a Quality Assurance (QA) function throughout the complete supply chain to the company
- Be prepared to travel to meet the requirements of the role Perform Quality audits/assessments as required to demonstrate effective on-going Quality management of the supply chain and that requirements are being met.
- Provide an independent monitoring function for compliance with airworthiness and customer requirements
- Support in the planning, managing and carrying out a schedule for audits, readiness reviews and assessments
- Manage completion and effectiveness of Corrective and Preventative measures
- Engage with other supply chain stakeholders (E.g. QA & Compliance team, Procurement, Supplier Development, New programs) to ensure that QA activities for Cheltenham suppliers are and coordinated and relevant.
- Support in the identification and resolution of any issues relating to items provided by suppliers across the business
- Identification and co-ordination of any investigations arising from Quality issues through to their documented conclusion, with supporting root cause analysis and solutions to prevent re-occurrence
- Coordination of QA activities in relation to supplier source changes
- Ensuring that suppliers continue to demonstrate compliance to the Quality control requirements for suppliers and subcontractor's procedure
- Ensuring that agreed customers quality requirements of the company and the Supply chain are identified and satisfied
- Ensuring Quality measures with associated targets are maintained for supply chain quality performance, as well as process measures at the supplier
- Provide training in Quality, Process improvement and airworthiness matters
- Completion of agreed personal and departmental objectives and initiatives
- Develop and support of a business improvement culture and associated activities e.g. process mapping, lean, etc
- Support in demonstrating compliance to company processes and documented procedures to ensure a robust Quality Management System is in place throughout the business
- Assist with the maintenance of company approvals e.g. EASA, FAR, ISO, etc. to maintain airworthiness
- Assist with the generation of Quality Plans and proposals
- Ensure the departmental objectives are achieved in line with the job holders' individual objectives
- Perform duties in accordance with company policies, procedures and processes
- There may be additional activities to perform from time to time in order to maximise the contribution to the company goals and objectives
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Supplier Quality Engineer position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.