|Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England||Salary: £30000 - £34000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Supply Chain Officer
Supply Chain Officer needed for a leading, multi-national, defence organisation based in the Lincoln area. As the Global Supply Chain Officer, you will be responsible for the management, administration and development of relationships and agreements throughout the supply chain. Typically, the Supply Chain Officer is tasked with ensuring that the commercial and financial interests of the company are optimized as well as fulfilling the obligations of the supply chain.
The ideal Supply Chain Officer would be educated to degree level, or have an equivalent professional/vocational qualification and have some experience of working within a procurement environment.
Some of the main duties of the Supply Chain Officer will include:
- Review, amend and develop supplier agreements, to ensure that terms and conditions are consistent with those at customer level
- Minimise project risk exposure risk professional management of the supply chain
- Support company cash management objectives and ensure the company's commercial risk is minimized
- Support implementation of contracts and amendments. Ensuring Core Contracts are engaged and reflect where appropriate with customer contract
- Administration and coordination of the commercial and financial management of suppliers
- Develop, review and assess new requirements and any new suppliers that may be required to fulfil the organisations obligations
- Sub-contractor coordination and management
- Ensuring compliance for the Global Supply Chain Department and the wider project team with the Global Supply Chain processes and procedures
- Export Control administration
What experience you need to be the successful Supply Chain Officer:
- Experience of Contract/Subcontract or Procurement administration
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally on all commercial matters
- Numeracy skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and demonstrated ability to achieve demanding deadlines
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office tools
- Experience of UK export Control and US International Trade in Arms legislation would also be an advantage.
This really is an opportunity not to be missed for an experienced Supply Chain Officer to progress their career. If you have the skills and attributes required, please apply as soon as possible or get in touch right away to register your interest.
*This is a 12-month fixed term contract*
**Candidates must possess, or be eligible to obtain, UK SC Clearance**
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.