|Location: Bristol||Salary: £38000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Supply Chain Professional
Bristol / Portsmouth - Remote Hybrid Working
£38,000 - £45,000
Supply Chain Professional needed for a leading defence and security organisation with offices across the UK, such as the Bristol and Portsmouth areas who are looking to employ a number of experienced and well-rounded Supply Chain Professionals that takes pride in their work.
As a Supply Chain Professional, you will be degree qualified within a relevant area. You will be managing the process of securing delivery of our projects' supplier documentation (to support through life maintenance) and Procurement of Initial Training for Royal Navy Crews and Initial Spares Provisioning to meet the project timeline. This requires acting as the point of contact and pro-active stakeholder management of suppliers for Platform and/or Auxiliary Equipment working alongside Supply Chain and Account Managers, along with Support teams within Maintenance, ILS Support, Configuration Control and Training.
You will also develop supply chain strategies and procurement plans, running RFQ process, managing Subcontractor relationships and ensuring timely, quality supplier deliveries for Procurement of Initial Training for RN Crews and Initial Spares Provisioning.
What the role of the Supply Chain Professional entails:
Some of the main duties of the Supply Chain Professional will include:
- Establishing & maintaining accurate forecasts for supplier document deliveries, based on equipment design maturity and supplier practicalities, for assigned Systems Procurement Packs
- Acting as Comments Consolidator for support CDRLs (Contract Data Requirements List), (for assigned suppliers and Procurement Packs), liaising with reviewers, suppliers and the engineering teams to achieve on time, quality deliveries
- Continuously improve the processes relating to supplier CDRLs
- Identifying suppliers, including running competitions and gaining supplier approval where appropriate
- Flow down of appropriate terms and conditions and develop contract packs
- Placing subcontract purchase orders within SAP System for both direct and indirect materials and processes
- Reviewing and managing supplier performance, manage change and maintain relationships internal & external
What experience you need to be the successful Supply Chain Professional:
- Essential - CIPS level 4 or ongoing study
- Experience of SAP
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package (including Excel)
- Understanding of Contract Management E.g. T&C's, IP, Security, NDA's
- Previous proven Procurement experience in a Manufacturing and/or Defence environments
- Understanding of defence contracts
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Excellent stakeholder management at all levels internally and externally
- Good influencing skills to negotiate internally and externally
- Ability to interpret data and articulate complex information.
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supply Chain Professional to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.