|Location: West Sussex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Supply Planner needed for a multinational medical devices organisation based in West Sussex who are looking to employ an Supply Planner with knowledge of the supply chain industry, with knowledge and understand of how inventory impacts finance, service levels, lead times, logistics and transportation.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Supply Planner will include:
- Supply lead for product availability at global distribution centers for all imported goods within the area of responsibility.
- Fully responsible for ensuring the correct stock requirements are conveyed to relevant suppliers at product level, taking due consideration of lead-time and other factors (shutdowns, national holidays, etc.)
- Ensure customer service levels are met for daily customer orders, alongside logistics & customer service levels.
- Ensure supply chain is able to cope with unforeseen demand peaks for service parts.
- Work closely with the demand planning team to reduce supply chain risks.
- Reduce and maintain inventory levels for the group at global distribution center.
- Raise and manage all purchase orders for key sites including Netherlands and China global distribution centre
- Inventory and obsolescence management.
- NON FRU request management and requisition.
- CLM case management
- Data review and data integrity maintenance and actively update and maintain master data.
- Maintaining all designated process maps, work instructions and documents relevant to the job.
- Accurately compose and publish key performance metrics for global audience.
- Close liaison with suppliers, demand planners & procurement team.
- Generate & update daily/weekly reporting & identify trends requiring action.
What you need to be the successful Supply Planner:
In order to be the successful Supply Planner and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain Management (Preferable).
- Other qualification also acceptable.
- Previous experience in a similar position within a continuous improvement environment.
- Have an excellent understanding of supply chain
- Be able to work effectively with high levels of autonomy
- Analytical approach to work & experience with identifying areas for improvement.
- Conversant with MRP/ERP replenishment systems (ideally INFORM Add*ONE).
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Have excellent communication skills
- Results oriented and self-directed individual with the ability to work independently.
- Experience in supply planning, material planning or purchase order management
- Have excellent relationship management & influencing
- Have experience or interest in managing suppliers.
- You should have previous planning experience in manufacturing or similar industries.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Supply Planner to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.