|Location: Bristol||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Hannah Vincent||Job Published: 15 days ago|
System Administrator needed for a Global Aerospace Organisation based in Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded System Administrator that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of Wintel, VMware & Windows Server.
The candidate should typically have 5 or more years of experience in a System Administration support role. Able to demonstrate excellent English oral and written communications skills. Able to communicate with and support teammates, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner. Able to demonstrate an aptitude for troubleshooting, superior knowledge of Virtualisation technologies, server computing systems including operating systems, networks, hardware, software packages and utilities, computer control languages and commands. Able to demonstrate proficiency in the use of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management. Able to demonstrate the ability to analyze, manage and maintain network topology, network devices, routers, firewall's, servers and server delivery systems, subsystems, and components.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the System Administrator will include:
- Continuously looking for improvements to ensure services operated are aligned to industry best practice and Boeing enterprise best practices.
* Responding to events, requests and incidents logged in management systems.
* Performing analysis of log files, systems, and network traffic.
* Working to well-defined SLAs & KPIs
* Support of functional teams such as networking
* Working closely with Architecture to help define strategy and roadmaps for the training environment
* Identify and raise technical challenges and limitations within the networking estate
* Provide consultancy to colleagues within the organisation
* Represent IT International when the need arises
* Providing comprehensive and timely communications to key stakeholders
* Producing and updating comprehensive documentation
* Provide technical leadership
What experience you need to be the successful System Administrator:
- Private Key Infrastructure / Certificate Authority
* Dell VXRail (or other converged stack)
* VMWare vCentre
* VMware Horizon (or other VDI solution)
* VMware HCI
* Windows Server 2022
* Active Directory
* Exchange (On-Prem)
* Skype for Business
* VMWare Unified Access Gateway (UAG)
* Windows 10
* McAfee EPO/ENS
* SharePoint 2016
* Wyse Dell Thin Clients/WMS
* Microsoft NPS
* Dell RP4VM
* Dell Networker
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a System Administrator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.